White Bean baked with pastrami
2 cup dried beans,
1 green pepper,
1 tablespoon tomato paste,
1 tsp sweet chilli,
3-4 tablespoons of oil,
1 tablespoon butter,
5-6 slices of pastrami.
1. Put your white beans into water a night before to let it rest about 8 hours or more.
2. Boil white beans in a hot water like 10 minutes and then drain it and dont use that water.Then
leave it to rest.
3. Heat your vegetable oil in a pan. Add 1 finely chopped onion and stir it until tender.
4. Put your 1 full tbsp. tomato paste and stir a few couple times, then add your chilli and continue
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir until tender. Then remove it from heat to add this mixture
into a casserole.
6. Add also rested beans into casserole. Add boiling water that will pass the ingredients like 3
fingers. Cover the lid and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees until they are cooked.
7. Take the casserole from the oven, add salt and stir couple of times.
8. Melt the butter in a different pan, add the pastrami slices and cook both sides,
9. Add the pastrami together with the butter
10. Bake the the ingredients in the casserole as uncovered like 10-15 min then serve.
Tips: As Pastrami is a salty ingredient, taste the mixture and adjust salt balance.